In October 2020, Inclusive Growth Network lead officers participated in a workshop focused on tackling health inequalities.
Michael Wood, Head of Health Economic Partnerships at the NHS Confederation, presented to the network and his slides can be downloaded below.
Michael’s presentation draws on the recent NHS Confederation report: Health as the New Wealth: The NHS’s role in economic and social recovery.
The report sets out a five-point plan for the NHS to take in local economies, recommending:
· Developing an anchor network across all health and care bodies within the system footprint
· Making an explicit commitment to fill existing health and care vacancies with local people
· Embedding health and care within national and local regeneration planning
· Proposing a Civic Restoration Strategy
· Convening industry leaders to source potential new local supply chains