Watch the full video on our Youtube channel.
The Midlands and northern towns have already suffered from decades of underinvestment in their economic and social fabric, and now the coming economic shock will affect them profoundly and disproportionately. What can Labour do and offer? What should be its commitment to communities, local businesses and civic governments in the Midlands and the North. What is the road to winning the Red Wall back?
- Rt Hon Liam Byrne MP, Shadow Mayor of the West Midlands
- Rt Hon Yvette Cooper, MP for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford
- Cllr Brigid Jones, Deputy Leader Birmingham Council
- Henri Murison, Director, Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Charlotte Alldritt, Director, Centre for Progressive Policy
Join the debate on twitter by using #CPPLevelup
Following immediately on from our panel events on the Monday and Tuesday, we are hosting open sessions for councillors and members to share insights on the challenges they are facing, and emerging practice on the ground. We will share findings from our latest research.